Fall/Spring Semesters: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer Session/Semester Breaks: Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sloss House, Ames, Iowa 50011 (515-294-4154)
The Sloss House is located south of Curtiss Hall and east of the Campanile. click here for an overhead map
The Sloss House was once used by faculty/staff as a single family dwelling and still has the feeling of a home.
First Floor Resources
The main floor has the following rooms:
- Kitchen: Refrigerator, microwaves, oven, dishwasher, coffee pots, some baking and serving pieces, table for 8.
- Dining Room: Doubles as a meeting room. Has a television and seating that can be rearranged to seat 4-16.
- Living Room: Comfortable couches and chairs that seats 12-15.
- Sunroom: Has tables and chairs that seats 8.
- Computer Room: Three computers available to students and also a printer that you may bring your own paper.
- Garage: Lockers for students needing a place to store personal belongings throughout the day. Bring a lock and secure your belongings in an available locker space. There is no cost for this service.
- Restroom: The main floor also has an accessible restroom.
Second Floor Resources
The second floor of the Sloss House in not handicap accessible, but we are happy to move services and information to the main floor. Please contact the Women's Center prior to arriving so we can ensure that we can meet your needs.
The second floor has the following rooms:
- Staff Offices: The Director, Assistant Director, Graduate Assistants, or a MSWC Volunteer can answer questions about the Women's Center.
- Lactation Room on the second floor in the restroom. If you are a nursing mother (student, staff, or faculty) and you would like to continue to breastfeed your baby after returning to work or classes, please reserve time in the Lactation Room. The room contains a Medela Lactina Electric Breast Pump for your use. A connecting kit can be purchased from Mary Greeley Medical Center, (515) 239-6814.
- Media Library: There are video, audiotapes, and books available to check out upstairs.
Wireless Connection and Computers
The house has wireless connection to the Internet, three desktop computers and printer in the Sloss House. We ask that you provide your own paper for printing.